Born from the Bajaj Wind 125 and powered by the CT100 engine, the Platina series hit the market in April 2006 and quickly gained widespread popularity. Powered by its natural air-cooled 124.6cc engine, the bike delivers a respectable 8.5ps of power. Equipped with a 5-speed (all down) gearbox, the 100cc version has a longer wheelbase and wider rear tyre. Despite the 0.5-litre larger reserve capacity, the fuel tank holds a steady 13 litres.
Bajaj Platina 125 The CC has become the market favourite, attracting riders with its budget-friendly and efficient features. This is evident from the sales figures, Platina has seen a significant growth of 31.80 percent year-on-year 36,550 units in June 2023,
Now let us discuss the features and specifications that have enthralled the bike enthusiasts and maintained the popularity of the bike.
Features of Bajaj Platina 125cc
Let’s explore the distinctive features that contributed to the bike’s widespread appeal:
- powerful engine: Bajaj is now closed platina 125cc It was equipped with an air-cooled, 124.6 cc engine that produced 8.4 bhp at 7000 rpm and 10 Nm of torque at 4000 rpm. Its lightweight design, weighing only 110 kg, facilitates quick acceleration and excellent fuel efficiency. Price Rs. 42,000, it faced competition from bikes like Honda CB Shine, Hero Super Splendor and Hero Glamor in the Indian market.
- Maximum torque: The engine of the new Platina 125 produces 8.5 bhp at 7000 rpm and 10 Nm of torque at 4000 rpm. With an attractive price of Rs. 36,000, Bajaj successfully sold 500,000 units in the first eight months. Launched in September 2008, the 125cc version maintained strong monthly sales, crossing 30,000 units. The latest Platina 125 aims to continue this success story.
- Display: Designed for urban commuting, the Platina 125 offers a comfortable ride with speeds up to 70 kilometers per hour (60 mph). Its top speed is 115 kmph and it has a rider-friendly seat height of 785 mm.
- Rest: Priority was given to rider comfort in the bike with hydraulic telescopic front fork and dual rear hydraulic shock absorbers, ensuring a comfortable ride. The Platina 125 has a ground clearance of 160 mm and a seat height of approximately 785 mm, making it suitable for riders of different heights.
- Mileage: With a competitive mileage of around 60 KMPL, the Bajaj Platina makes the ride very easy on the pocket.
Bajaj Platina 125cc availability and price
The particular Bajaj model under discussion (125cc) is currently not available and has been discontinued. However, the used two-wheeler market still offers various older models of this commuter bike. For those who are interested in purchasing it, there is a good chance of finding a good option at a reasonable price.
In the used two-wheeler market in India, Bajaj platina 125cc price Is between Rs. 15,000 to Rs. Rs 30,000. A well maintained Platina can potentially cost around Rs. Can be obtained in. 20,000 to Rs. 35,000. Still, before finalizing your purchase, it is advisable to thoroughly inspect the bike and ensure that all the necessary paperwork is in order.
All-new Bajaj Platina 125 on the horizon?
The company is preparing to introduce a new version of its popular bike, in which significant changes will be made in both features and engine. The upcoming Bajaj Platina 125 ABS promises a range of advanced features, enhancing safety and comfort for the riders. With the inclusion of seat springs and tubeless tyres, the ride is poised to be exceptionally smooth and enjoyable. Bajaj, known for its commitment towards customer satisfaction, has put significant effort into crafting this bike, which shows that it will exceed expectations.
The Bajaj Platina 125 ABS has a powerful engine, a 125 cc four-stroke single-cylinder engine with electronic injection. This engine can produce an impressive 8.6 PS of torque. This bike will be available in Charcoal Black, Volcanic Red and Beach Blue colors. Notable features include single-channel anti-lock braking system, tubeless tires and absorbent suspension. The engine is capable of delivering 9.81 Nm of torque at 7,000 and 5,000 rpm.
Although the official price has not been announced on social media, but sources say that it will remain the same as the previous model. Platina 125 ABS has gained a strong position in the market due to its attractive design and affordable price, making it a preferred choice among the customers.
Bajaj platina bike Earning its popularity through a blend of budget-friendly pricing and efficient performance, it has left an indelible mark on the hearts of riders. Despite its discontinuation, the used market still shows a fascination for this commuter bike.
As Bajaj is set to unveil the revised ABS version of the Platina 125, anticipation is high for the advanced features and safety measures. The legacy of Platina 125 continues, promising a smooth journey of affordable and reliable mobility in the future.